10/24/2006

So I am not impressed with Curious Incident...

Everytime I started to get into the story he would go off on this insane and at times boring launch into stuff that just did not matter. I guess I can say that I thought it was interesting to read the thought process of an Autistic person but it was just not enough to really keep me engaged in the book.

I think it was also a slight let down after I read Running With Scissors which I thought was absolutely fantastic. I cannot wait for the movie to some out, although I am sure there will be a long debate about the changes made for the movie. After just seeing the previews I am already upset that the girl Augusten hangs out with (whats her name) is not overweight in the movie. I also can tell already that the house will not be as disgusting as it was described in the book.

I really have to get on it with the reading thing becuase I have just begun Tall Pine Polka and it seems a little slow at first. Housewives eating bonbons was the same way though and I loved it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep meaning to finish Curious Incident, but I'm just not that excited about it. Maybe I'll finish it on the plane.

Jenny! said...

I feel the same way about Curious Incident. I loved Running With Scissors and can't wait for the movie...date night here we come!