1/20/2007

Me and Emma

So I am working on my February book, me and Emma. SO far it is really interesting but also very disturbing. The entire story is told through the voice of a little girl about her and her sister. Where it really has gotten strange is that the youngest girl is being molested by the step father but becuase the story is told by the other little sister she is rather flippant about what is happening (mostly becuase she does not get what is going on).

Jenny picked this book out and it is really a good choice. I am really hoping that the little girls figure out how to do away with the step father becuase I am just about done with his character.

Of course the most frustrating character is the mother who knows what is going on and is not trying to stop it.

To present this book to the book club I was going to make a power point or display board (mostly for my own entertainment) but
know I am thinking I may go all out and make a little quilt or something!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Um, the powerpoint is totally mine. I rock it hard with powerpoint. I really don't get the mom knows but doesn't do anything about it thing. You hear about this all the time (fictional or otherwise) and I really don't see how a mother could let this happen. First of all that is your child that you're supposed to protect from everything, especially crap in your house. Second of all, doesn't she feel a little bad that she's not doing it for her husband and he is forced to take a young child instead?

Sarah said...

I agree Jeanette. I dont understand how women can let things like that happen, anyone really but especially not a mother. No man is worth ignoring the health and safety of a child.

I just finished the book and what a whirl wind it turned out to be. I can't really expand on it much without giving the plot away but it was rather emotional of an ending.

I really recommend this book!

Jenny! said...

God, mother characters in books really suck! I am alwasy mad at the mother character! I am glad that you are liking the book, I would like to read that one too.