9/16/2007

I am loving I Love You, Beth Cooper. My old roommate Laura had recommended the book to me. She said it was funny and entertaining. It was also featured in the University of Illinois Alumni magazine this summer as Larry Doyle is a U of I alumnus. So, I finally put it on reserve at the library and decided to read it. It has literally made me laugh out loud more times than I can count. The book revolves around Denis Cooverman, valedictorian of Buffalo Grove High School, and his ambiguously gay best friend, Rich Munsch. It starts out with Denis' speech at high school graduation and then the rest transpires on graduation night while hanging out with Beth Cooper and her two friends Cammy and Treece. It has a Can't Hardly Wait or Dazed and Confused feel to it. This book is really funny. There were two quotes I wanted to share, but I cannot find them now.

No comments: