9/09/2007

I have to decided to proudly embrace my romance novels and include most of the novels I read on this blog. I am sure there will be a few with covers or titles that embarrass me far too much to include. I saw this book at Target, but didn't buy it because I guessed, as did occur, that my mom would buy it. My mom always buys books by Carly Phillips. They are usually "Bookmarked" at Target when they are new on paperback. I took it from my parents and asked my mom how it was. Her review was so-so. By the way, my favorite thing in the world is when my mom hands me a book and says "You might want to read this. It wasn't very good." Oh, that's right, I have so much time on my hand that I want your crappy books. Seriously! Back to the topic. I actually liked the book. The characters came together fairly quickly and there wasn't all this drama involving contrived, barely existent conflict. They knew they would end up together and so did the reader. They just had to solve a mystery and stay alive to do so. The author also did one of my other non-favorite things which was introduce other characters who one will then have to buy her next book in the fall to find out what happens to. Oh, those clever romance writers. What to read next, that is the question. I will most likely start I Love You, Beth Cooper by Larry Doyle. It was recommended to me by my friend Laura.

2 comments:

Jenny! said...

I starteed Montana Sky...and so far I really like it. There hasn't been any fucking or anything yet...so hopefully it will get even better!

Sarah said...

it takes a strong woman to embrace their romance reading!