4/01/2006

Alright ladies, I am putting my foot down!

No more books about cancer and people with it. I know it was just the last bit at the end but that doesn't matter. I actually enjoyed the book a lot but the end was soooo sad! I actually thought it got too sad and so the author tried to cheese it up by making it seem like maybe Slip was going to beat advanced cancer and see her children grow. yeah fuckin right! If your going to make a book sad at the end have the balls to make it truly sad and realistic. I read the end on the plane and I really hate crying in public places and in areas where my ears can pop!

A little angry, but I really did like the book!

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'm sorry the beginning and ending of the story sucked for you. I think that I was one of the naive ones, because I did think that Slip, being the little fireball that she was, was going to be alright. I guess it doesn't matter how much spunk you have in you, so I guess I just didn't want to accept the end.

Jenny! said...

Jeanette is getting soft on me...maybe we can talk about how AHEB has changed her life. I thought that the ending was sad, but very disappointing. I felt like it was a completely different book at the end, or written by a different author. I think that Lorna...if I can call her Lorna...was trying to be very shocking with Slip being the one that dies first...since she is, as Jeanette says, "A little fireball", but it didn't work, it was almost too predictably shocking for me! Well, I am just going to save it for the BAMFs meeting on Friday, so I better put a lid on it until then!

Anonymous said...

Okay, ladies, I'm almost finished with the book (this hands-free pumping thing I bought is awesome to catch up on my reading!), but I'm still not a contributor here! What is up with that?

Jeanette said...

We're trying to find out how to invite Bethiclaus now...its a little tricky for us. We might have to get the experts in for this one.