5/04/2006

Currently Reading: The Jesus I Never Knew. I have to read it for a student I am working with and so far I am not impressed! As it turns out it is the Jesus I knew! It is working through the life of Jesus and I just finished the immaculate conception, movin a little slow through this one! There have been some interesting parts along the way but overall it is kind of like a Jesus self help book. I really hate those. One time I accidentaly read 40 days of purpose by Rick Warren, I will never get that time back!

I am also reading Teaching Community by belle hooks. Not a fun book but a really interesting one. belle hooks (not capitalized on purpose) writes about learning through experience and creating an environment where learning is encouraged. I think she would die if she came to my place of business. Some things we do are really great and encourage learning but then employees get tossed around, not good for learning!

Oh well, I can't wait til book club so we get a new fun book to read!

2 comments:

Jenny! said...

Wow...those sound like some winners. Remind me not to ask you for book suggestions. What happened to your signature GREEN posts???

Jeanette said...

You're student has to be almost done with it, doesn't he? Maybe you can choose the next book then. I truly am a member of the Nerd Herd. When your author's name wasn't capitalized I was automatically like, "ooh, Saraaah", but then I saw your comment that it wasn't supposed to be and I was okay again.