6/14/2006

I finished reading the book yesterday on my very exciting train ride to the city. I didn't hate the book - yet I didn't really like it either. I am definately glad that it was only 100 pages, because if I had to read any more than that...I probably wouldn't have.

I am also having a hard time finding things to talk about with the book. It would suprise me if we spent more than 10 minutes actually talking about the book at the meeting. Those 10 minutes of course would be spent talking about who does and doesn't like the book...with no discussion attached.

I am not excited about the meeting this time, I am very dissapointed that I don't really care. I am excited for the food and spirits that will be at the meeting however.

I'm glad that I am not the only one who doesn't really see the deeper meaning!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Considering we never talk about the book for more than 10 - 15 minutes I don't think that this one is going to be the exception. We never really have discussions either. What kind of book club are we? Well at least theres liquor.

Sarah said...

I think we will talk about it because our host is making questions as we speak. This one may be painful!