9/06/2006




Since the BAMF's aren't going to be meeting until beginning of November, I have decided to set some reading goals for myself. I really like having book club once a month because then I am constantly reading. I usually finish our club book in a week and then have some time to read one in between. I am a little disappointed that we are waiting two months for our next meeting since the book we are reading looks like a quick read kind of book. I have already started The Amateur Marriage by Anne Tyler but haven't been able to really get into the book. I started it before The Carnal Prayer Mat and haven't picked it up since I finished. I am determined to finish this one since it would bother me to leave a book half read. I also decided to read Running With Scissors By Augusten Burroughs. I have heard that it is a really good book so I have motivation to finish The Amateur Marriage first. So, if anyone else would like to read either of these books, we can arrange our own personal meeting.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'm very excited to start reading "Running with Scissors". I'm more excited for our group field trip to see the movie when we're done!

Jenny! said...

I have started reading Running with Scissors and I love it. I can't bring myself to finish The Amateur Marriage...it sucks! I read one page of TAM in 15 min. and 70 pages of RWS in 1 hour. The books sucks...I retract my goal of finishing it!

Jeanette said...

I finished! I got "Running with Scissors" from Jenny on Friday and finished it Sunday morning. It was fantastic. I can't believe it's a memoir! My favorite was the evolution of the Augusten from start to finish.

Jenny! said...

That was really quick J'dawg! I did it in 3 days and you did it in 2...not bad not bad! I can't believe that is a memoir either, that shit was fucked up!