9/11/2006

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! Lorna Landvik's publicist, Cindy, finally got back to me about setting up a phone chat with Lorna. I am so excited because I requested a phone chat twice with The Reader's Circle and I never heard back, not even a "we got your request and she's really busy" email. I didn't think that this was goin to happen so I am kind of looking forward to it. The BAMF's have decided that The Tall Pine Polka is the book that we will be reading for this phone chat with Lorna. That way we will have two of her books to discuss. I have no idea when this is happening, so we are going to have to play it by ear.

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'm very excited too. I know that Ashley's really busy, but we'll need to wait until a time that she can come. If there's a lull with our conversation she can definitely save the day. Thanks for setting everything up Jenny!

Jenny! said...

No prob...I am honored.

Sarah said...

This is very exciting. I feel like our little book club is really hitting the big time!

Jeanette said...

I know! She should totally write a book about us!

Jenny! said...

We would be like such a fun book to read about!

Jenny! said...

I started reading this book and it is...okay. I am not loving it as much as AHEB, but it might get better. One of the characters just shit her pants so it might be promising after all!

Anonymous said...

Dear BAMFS
I'm an old English friend of Lorna Landvik's from 31 years ago in San Francisco. I sent Lorna a letter in the summer, which I know was forwarded to her publishers in New York by a public radio station in Minneapolis, where I sent it. But I've got no idea if she got it. I'd very much like to get in touch with her. I had no idea she was a writer till I googled her name in June. I was amazed to have "found" her after losing touch in about 1976.
I'd be grateful for any advice on how to get in touch with her by e-mail. I behaved like an idiot all those years ago and I'd just like to say sorry to her.

Rob Barratt (rbarratt@cooptel.net)
6, Ranelagh Mews, Bodmin, Cornwall,PL31 2QA. England UK