5/29/2007


BAMF's met on Friday night at Ashley's (who made the most fantastic BBQ pulled pork and salads) and it seemed like a consensus that the book was not well liked. Since it won a Newberry Award we were all expecting better. We did talk about the book for awhile, like 15 minutes...that's almost a record!
Judy is hosting next (Eat, Pray, Love) and then Sarah is taking her turn. We are going to do a self-help book which is different and kind of exciting. I am not a fan at all of self-help in fact I think they are a little dumb, but I would give it a whirl for my girls! Jeanette and I are requesting sex related self-help since that would at least give us something to keep entertained and chatty! Our librarian-esq member Elizabeth seemed shockingly intrigued by the possibility of sex self-help, which every time something sex related comes up (which is about every 6.3 minutes) I get a bit uneasy and I feel a bit slutty and sleazy....I am betting that she could show us all a few tricks!

5 comments:

Mustafa Şenalp said...

ÇOK GÜZEL BİR SİTE.

Newmania said...

How I would love to listen into one of those conversations . Or perhaps they would be deeply worrying

Jenny! said...

I would like to tape record our gatherings and then replay them a year later...that would be highly entertaining and a bit embarrasing I am sure!

Sarah said...

oh my please do not record us. I will never get elected as President then!

I am super excited about self help books. I am creating a list with descriptions and such and I think when I am doen I will post it here!

Jenny! said...

Sarah:
Did you get the list I sent out...can you include a few of those b/c I think I really want to read them!