5/23/2007


I finished reading Rise and Shine. I really didn't like it at first but was determined to finish. I was actually surprised because towards the last 100 pages I couldn't put it down. I ended up liking the book, but would still probably not recommend this highly.

The book is about two sisters and their lives after a series of unfortunate events take place and how they re cooperate from devastation and grow apart and then, of course, back together. It is set in New York city and got a bit whiny about the people and social quirks of the city. The main character Bridget is a Social Worker and her sister, Meghan is a hugely famous morning talk show personality. The scenarios are a bit predictable and you knew what the outcome would be before the author even addressed the issue. There was not much surprise or mystery to this book, just your average novel.

I started reading A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon. I read his other book The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time and didn't like it, so I am not sure why I am reading another. I guess I am a glutton for torture or I just want to give him another shot. So far I am confused, but that's not all that out of the ordinary!

2 comments:

BEAST said...

I just finished reading 'All fun and games until someone loses an eye' by Christopher Brookmyre which given its hackneyed plot line(the blurb screams Intrigue , Espionage , advanced technology , clinical violence and Hoovering) I absolutley loved it.

Jenny! said...

Sounds like an intersting read!