5/21/2007

I finished reading The Higher Power of Lucky and found myself very disappointed. This book was written for 9-11 year olds, so being a 25 year old, I found this book very very boring. I tried to imagine a 9 year old reading this and it is no wonder why kids now a days don't read! This book won a Newberry award and I am shocked. I know the idea behind the BAMF's picking this book was to expand our horizons and not get stuck in the popular novel rut, but this sucked. I will have to turn in my membership card if we pick more young adult books. I read this book in the span of about 2 hours and I want that time back so that I could do something more productive, like masturbate or pick up dog shit! Hopefully the next book will be better!

6 comments:

Cappy said...

AXJCL cjlsixo? ANCoaocdobn! xxx00 lwnl!

Help me!

x69t90c =c-!

Jenny! said...

Cappy:
WHAT?????????

Sarah said...

I kind of forgot to even read it. I am borrowing a copy tomorrow, at least it does not take long to read.

raffi said...

if one masturbates fast enough, the time-space continuum is altered and we can go back in time. this also applies for picking up dogshit. good luck. but, i love books that suck. they make me feel like i'm not a dumbass when i write a sentence.

Jenny! said...

Sarah:
It is so not worth reading!

Raffi:
It does make me feel smart, but angry too, they got paid how much for a piece of sht!

Sarah Louise said...

Okay, this book is NOT representative of books for 9-11 year olds. Even us librarians are shaking our heads at how it got picked for the Award. Patron's earlier book, Maybe Yes, Maybe No, Maybe Maybe, is much better.

--signed, a Children's librarian who feels your pain--I felt the same way after reading this book.