6/06/2007


I am about 60 pages into Eat Pray Love and I can't stand it. This is the tale about one woman's search for everything across Italy, Indonesia and India. She is basically having a struggle with her life and decides that traveling is going to be the answer to her prayers! The way it is written makes me a little crazy, she skips around and hasn't actually said much about her travels so far. It seems as if this book was written for the reader to feel sorry for her pain and it is almost a bit attention seeking. I don't enjoy reading about one woman's sob story life and then how she is trying to find herself by being PAID to travel to these countries and then write a book about her adventures. It is a bit whiny, pity me the rich spoiled white girl, but then respect and be inspired by me kind of tone...and I just don't dig it. No pity parties will be thrown in her honor. I had high hopes for this book because I envisioned beautifully written descriptions of these countries and so far...nothing! I can't even seem to read the book on the train, I prefer to just stare out the window!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

see when it started I kind of thought it was going to be good. A women exploring religion and doing it in other countries I thought would be interesting but it is not getting better. Oh well I am leaving Italy soon so maybe!

Jenny! said...

It isn't getting better!!!

Kelly said...

I see you have strong opinions about the whole Paris thing ; )

Jenny! said...

Myutopia:
I hate Paris and think she should just be shot...terrible terrible role model for girls! Makes me sick actually, that we glamorize her and her aweful behavior. I would pull the trigger if it was offered!

Unknown said...

Reading this blog can be a bad thing-aside from the precious moments it is sucking from my life-it is making not want to read the book. I always start the book too late and then never want to read it after people start talking about how they dislike the book. I guess I should start soon.

Jenny! said...

Ashley:
I am actually not hating it anymore...I still don't like it, but I have come to terms with the author and I am just reading w/o much thinking.

Greg C said...

This sounds like a recent pop star that said "its hell being rich and famous" I want to give it a try just the same.