6/05/2007



I cannot say it enough...I LOVED THIS BOOK! I had received this book in the past from a friend who loved it. She told me I needed to read it, but I never got around to it. Recently, Jenny gave me the book and told me I should read it. Well, I did. I really could not get enough of this book. It was truly one of the most beautiful books I have read in some time. The plot and characters are quite engaging. I also was enamored with these two people and how their lives' were so entangled for all eternity. I would recommend this book to everyone. I also enjoyed that this book took place in Chicago-I think Niffenegger is a U of C professor-as I knew so many of the locales in the story.

When I did a quick search of this book to find the picture, I saw the movie of this is in preproduction. It is slated to star Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams. I love Eric Bana (he is great in Munich), but I think he is far too attractive to play Henry. McAdams will be a good Clare. It will be interesting to see how they adapt this novel because of the time-traveling. It is also a thick book (~500 pages) and it will be hard to adapt the entire novel into a screenplay. I wonder if I will even want to see it since I liked the book so much.

6 comments:

Jenny! said...

I think the movie will ruin it! I do not like Eric Bana that much since his piss poor choice of playing The Hulk! But I do love Rachel McAdams...her character will be like The Notebook. I loved this book too, I think it is my favorite book...it is so beautiful!

Sarah said...

thanks for letting me borrow it, I have not started yet due to some pesky book club book but I will start soon!

Movies always screw it up like with Running with Scissors!

Jenny! said...

Sarah:
Drop Eat Pray Love, I can fill you in...some bitch hates her life and goes exploring on the company dime to find her spiritual strengh and self.

Unknown said...

Like I said, if I really like or love a book, I am skipping the movie because it just ruins it for me.

I think Eric Bana is really cool. I am going to watch that Lucky You movie even though it got atrocious reviews.

Jay said...

I think the movie will ruin this as well. I loved the book too much, and cannot stop thinking of Eric Bana as The Incredible Hulk.

Christie said...

I loved this book as well. I even pushed it on my husband, and he loved it, too. But I'm worried about what they are going to do with the movie. Eric Bana just seems wrong to me, and obviously, I'm not the only one that feels that way. Rachel McAdams can play anything and make it good, I love her. A lot.