6/18/2007


I finished on Friday. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised about Indonesia...it was actually good (well, maybe not good, but much much better than Italy and India). I am glad to be finished with this book and probably wouldn't recommend this book at all.

I started reading The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard. I received it in the mail from this online book club that I belong too because it is an editors copy so it isn't ready for widespread publication yet. I am really digging it so far...only about 40 pages in and I can't stop! It is a bit of a mystery/suspense book and I haven't read one like this in a long time. I am excited to step outside of the popular novel books and into something a tad different. So far I would recommend this book over Eat, Pray, Love anyday!

13 comments:

Beginning with "B" said...

Sounds like it one for my reading list.

~~Jeez! I love dropping in here..
It's hella better than Barnes & Noble!!

xx,adam b.

Jenny! said...

AdamB:
The Virgin of Small Plains is fantastic!

This is better than Barnes & Noble for sure! Borders too!

Sarah said...

I am still dragging through or should I say not reading about India, do you think I could just switch over to Indonesia?

Dizzie said...

Oh, a book club online! Cool!

Jenny! said...

Sarah:
I think that would be a good idea...just go to Bali...in fact, you could skip that and still "get" the book!

Jenny! said...

Heart of Darkness:
Yes, we are cool! You should read along!

Thomas said...

Have any of y'all read Atonement by Ian McEwan?

Jenny! said...

No, how is it?

Paul Champagne said...

I used to read mysteries all the time ... then I stopped ... I have no idea why.

God I'm screwed up

Unknown said...

Can I borrow it, please? I thought it sounded good when the back was read at book club.

Unknown said...

Thomas-
Ian McEwan has a new novella out which got pretty favorable reviews in the Tribune.

Jenny! said...

Paul:
Aren't we all???

This is a great book highly recommend it!

Jenny! said...

Ashley:
I am almost done and it is yours! It is so fucking good! I love it!