8/22/2007

I finally finished the book Three Strikes You're Dead...and absolutely loved it!

It's a mob mystery set in 1938 Chicago and the book did a fantastic job of really giving the reader the feel of that time period. The books focus was on a murder that happened and a Tribune reporter who was reporting it got more interested than he should have and ended up mixed in with the mob. The author went into great detail about the El trains and street names and things and it was fun while reading to be on those actual trains and streets in the present while reading about their history. The character also spent some time in Oak Park and that was fun since that is my neighboring town!

I would recommend this book. Its really short...but it took me a long time to read because of my iPod! I have finally worked out how to listen and read at the same time!

Now, I will go back to Ordinary Springs and hopefully bang that one out!

Ashley, any word on the romance novels for September???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I am being a slacker. I am worried that I will pick them out, you all will read them, and then go, "Why the hell does she read these????"