8/22/2007

Last night, I finished Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I am a little embarrassed to say, but I really liked it. It was my favorite book in the series so far. I am honestly not sure that I would want my teenage daughter to read this. Three of the four characters have sex and there is a pregnancy scare. I want my hypothetical daughters reading Babysitter's Club until the day they marry. There was a quote at the beggining of each chapter. I know you would have skipped these, Jenny! I was pretty pleased with how Lena, Carmen, Bridget, and Tibby grew up and that the pants continued to keep them together. I even think I cried. I know this isn't a mass appeal book for adults, but it was better than the adult book that Ann Brashares wrote. Her themes of friendship, abandonment, loss, love, and more resonate at any age.

5 comments:

Jenny! said...

Babysitters Club??? I haven't read one of those books ever!

Sarah said...

mmmm, I like BSC books.

I think we need a pair of pants to pass around too. Maybe since we are older and mature they could be hot pants? All I know is if we found a pair of pants that fit me and and Jeanette I would be in heaven!

Unknown said...

Jenny-
That's because I was at home playing with Barbie's and reading BSC while you were making out with boys. Oh, there was supposed to be a point in there, but it is totally gone.

Sarah-
They may have to be leggings in order to fit all of us. Can we use belts. I have to say, though, that they never wash them in the books. We would have to create an underwear rule if we are all going to share!

Jenny! said...

I wasn't making out with boys...but my Barbie's were doing the nasty!

Stiletto said...

oh, there's a book?? I just saw the movie and thought that was it =P