8/09/2007

I finally finished The Stingray Shuffle, and I actually came around and really enjoyed the book. The last 30 pages really make the book good, the first 200+ were a bit long and tedious, but truly worth reading because of the last pages. It wasn't really a mystery book, but more of a cast of completely insane characters that all get intertwined in this fucked up plot. It's a rather enjoyable story, lots of ironic incidences and chance meetings between characters. A book where all the characters play a role in each other's lives whether they know it or not. I would recommend, not highly, but its worth a read!

I just started Ordinary Springs this morning and so far it's fair. This is a book that I picked up at the book sale last week. The story is about a girl and her father who were abandoned by their mother/wife. The girl is really protective of her father and doesn't want to "loose him" to another woman. Some really hot neighbor moves in and her father becomes obsessed with this broad and the daughter gets really jealous of their relationship. It seems interesting, a bit incestuous, but I am looking forward to reading more.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds a little romance novel-ish?

There is a movie called the Ballad of Jack and Diane. I am not actually suggesting anyone watch it becuase it was f#$&*^ up but I do think the plots sound similar.

Jenny! said...

I have actually stopped reading this one!

Jenn O'Neil said...

You guys should read "Water for Elephants" my book club just read it and we all loved it. I read it in two days - once I picked it up I couldn't put it down.