8/13/2007

I have put Ordinary Springs on hold so that I can read the book I got from Don, Three Strikes You're Dead. He picked this one out for me because it's a book that takes place in Chicago and revolves around the mob, Al Capone and other types of mob activity. It's by Robert Goldsborough and the book has his autograph, which is kind of cool. Don got it from Centuries and Sleuths book store and there will be a discussion regarding this book in a few weeks with the author, so I may be tempted to go!

So far it is interesting, and it takes place downtown so the street names that are mentioned are streets I walk on every day, corners that I remember, and theatres that I have been to! It's very cool!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Can I read it too and then we can go to the author chat and make fun of people together????

Jenny! said...

Abso-fucking-lutely! That would be so much damn fun! Kind of like the chat with Lorna...except in person when it's harder to hide my hand gestures and faces!

Sarah said...

if the author says anything about hearing the characters speak to him we may have to leave.