9/05/2007

I finished our book club book, Montana Sky by Nora Roberts. This book was my suggestion since I am an avid romance novel reader. I know they are considered to be crappy, but I love them. Some of them are extremely crappy quite truthfully, but others I just love. This seemed like a good choice since this was one of my favorites and a good book for those who aren't super into the genre. I am not saying much about it since I am probably the one one finished so far (I know this because two of you bookclubbers are borrowing it).

The overall plot summary is that three half-sisters-Willa, Tess, and Lily-are forced to live together on a ranch for a year in order to receive their inheritance. In addition to the romantic and sisterly relationships, there is quite a bit of intrigue as someone is killing humans and slaughtering animals. I am really curious to see how people will feel about this one.

Last night, I watched the movie version of the book. I think it was originally shown on Lifetime. I found out about the movie inadvertently on iTunes and then got the movie from Netflix. I would not recommend the movie. I tend to create really strong visuals and ideas of how people look, act, and talk while reading. For me, very few movies made from books can live up to the book. It is also tough to condense a 500-page novel into under two hours. I also thought that some of the changes were dumb and unnecessary. Changing one character from a lawyer to a cop did not help the plot. There was also little room for character development. Again, take a pass.

2 comments:

Jenny! said...

Can you bring the book tonight....I really need to get a move on since its for next Friday!

Judy said...

Do you still have the movie? Who plays Willa and the other sisters?