4/21/2006

I really don't understand people who pick out their engagement rings, or give the exact details of what it needs to look like. Do people not understand that it basically is a gift? Maybe I don't know, because I don't have to worry about wearing an ugly ring on my finger (I don't need to worry about wearing any ring on my finger at this point). When Jen got a small ring that wasn't the cut that she wanted I was very surprised that she was happy about it.
I also can't get passed the fact that I now know that she is an ugly hepher. I didn't even look at the picture in the back until Jennie told me that it was back there, and she has no right to be as full of herself as she is. During the book she would mention that she was heavier than her friends, but I never really got it until she was dress shopping, and they had to send her away because she was too big to fit in the clothes. As entertaining as that was, I was surprised that she was going to get a wedding dress off the rack in the first place.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

ugly hepher mught be extreme but she is not what I envisioned either!

I think that is why tatoo engagement rings is the way to go. No blood diamonds, no monetary issues of how much did he spend and do I have to give a gift back of equal value BS. Just ink, a large hairy bald guy with a needle and love!

Jeanette said...

Oh my gosh! I totally want my wedding ring tattooed on. (However, I won't mind the diamond to go with it.)

Jenny! said...

I still picture someone different when I am reading. I do think that the tattoo ring thing is cute...so Pamela and Tommy! I would still really love a huge diamond accented with baguettes on a phat platinum setting!!!

Jeanette said...

Now that I'm done with the book I really like Jen and I want to take back my hepher comment and the fact that she was full of herself. Since you and Don have been engaged forever it's about time for another ring isn't it? Just to really solidify your love? I'll pass the huge diamond, baguettes and phat platinum on to him.