4/20/2006

Money sucks. First of all, I can't understand how someone could want to pay $7,000 for a couch. Especially one without a back. I further don't understand how she doesn't have the $7,000 for the couch. It seemed like Jen made a lot of money at her job, and I understand that she shops a lot, but can one really shop that much! It's not like she's making what we make and blowing it all away on Kate Spade (there are obvious financial reasons I don't own anything from them and only know of the name from Ashley). She seems to be making close to a 6-digit salary. If I had that much money what would I do? Totally not waste it on an apartment that's downtown and costs way more than what it is actually worth.
I do enjoy the book being set in Chicago. I love knowing some of the places that they're talking about. When she was trying to sell to the dumb girls who were a little hungover from Uncle Julio's Hacenda I was totally like, "Oh my God, I've been hungover from Uncle Julio's too!"

3 comments:

Jenny! said...

It was really cool that the book takes place in Chicago. I think it is possible for her to have spent half her salary shopping...have you seen the outrageous prices on some of that shit! Target brand all the way baby!

Sarah said...

So with that much money I would surely not shop for designer stuff. Unless the container store counts as designer. Ah The Container Store, boner!

I like the Chicago thing but I truly don't know where Bucktown is????

Jeanette said...

I was looking through the "Crate and Barrel" catalog and picking out furniture for my rooftop terrance (balcony, whatever you would call it). Just on a nice sitting set, plus the umbrella table and chairs and my poolside chairs I spent almost $8,000. I guess it totally is possible to spend that much money.