6/26/2007


I am 200 pages into Vanishing Acts and I am loving it...not all that shocking since I love Jodi. This book has gone by very fast. Each chapter is written from a different characters perspective and it also has a different font for each character, which I think is very fun. Again, I find myself siding with the father which I have a tendency to do. I find it strange that I can't remember one book that I genuinely liked the mother figure. Is it mandatory that all novels contain a mother that is either a schizo or an alcoholic?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Vanishing Acts was my first Picoult book. I found it to be so interesting. I think the mother is sympathetic in this novel. I just don't think you have gotten to that part yet.

I also like that all of her characters are just a little screwed up. That isn't like real life at all! :)

Jenny! said...

I have heard parts from the mother, and although I does cast some sympathetic light on her, I still am not completely sold. I think Jodi does a great job with her character development, all of them are a bit nutty, but in different ways...no two of her characters remind me of each other, they are all so differnt, yet real.

ME said...

CeCe let me borrow this book not long ago and I LOVED it! It's the first Piccoult book I've read and I can't wait to read more of them. Yup, I totally sided with the dad as well.

Beginning with "B" said...

Yep!
They sure are screwed up!

~~do I hear you giggling at me??

Stop giggling!~~

xx, b. ~~(^_^)~~

Jenny! said...

Craze:
Hey...thanks for the comment! YOu should keep reading...she is awesome!

Jenny! said...

b:
That wasn't me giggling, I swear!