7/09/2007

I finished reading Nature Girl and was taken away by how crazy the story got towards the end. Carl Hiaasen is truly insane with his characters. I did enjoy the book, but I wouldn't rush out and buy another one of his books. This is the kind of book that you read in moderation. I don't think that I could read about crazy insane situations over and over again! I did enjoy this quick, crazy read!

I started reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn and so far it is a griping page turner. This book was highly acclaimed by Stephen King who said it is, "An admirably nasty piece of work, elevated by sharp writing and sharper insights." The story is about a young woman reporter from Chicago who goes back to her small hometown because of a murder and a missing girl. I am only about 25 pages in and it is really good. It usually takes me more than 25 pages to get into a book so I think that this will be a great read for me!

I have picked out what self-help book I will be reading for BAMF's August book club....I will be reading Sex and the Perfect Lover: Tao, Tantra and the Kama Sutra by Mabel Iam. I am not a fan of self-help, not that I think I don't need any kind of help, but that reading a self-help book is not going to fix me, so to speak. I picked this book because I thought it might be fun and reading about sex is so much more entertainig than reading about self-esteem, how to make money and how to get yourself organized. The other choice that I was highly considering was Self-Help Nation: The Long Overdue, Entirely Justified, Delighfully Hostile Guide to the Snake-Oil Peddlers Who Are Sapping Our Nation's Soul by Tom Tiede. Don thinks that I should read Self-Help Nation because he thinks I will get bored reading Sex and the Perfect Lover...he doesn't want me wasting my time on reading things that I obviously don't need improvement on!!!

2 comments:

Paul Champagne said...

If you need any help with the new book, just let me know.



I'll send mikem right over.

Jenny! said...

Do you think Mike M would appreciate you volunteering him for this job???